What is a SMART Repair?
All they care about are the advantages a smart repair can offer.
For example, most repairs can eliminate all the damage areas without dismantling any parts from the vehicle itself. This lowers the repair time down. Normally repairs can be completed in a few hours. Unlike bodyshops holding the car for days or even weeks.
SMART repair mostly focuses on the damage areas. This results in less product material being used keeping the cost down!
Win win! So whats the downs sides?
Well, there are limitations to this technique. For example, if your door is hanging off by a bolt, roof damage, complete vehicle respray, or been in a major crash, this would be best suited for a body-shop.
Having said that, if you need help finding a bodyshop that won’t rip you off, give us a call and we’ll point you in the right direction.
One of the most asked questions: We’ll you be able to match the colour?
When it comes to the colour mixing systems it’s a 2-part process:
- Using the right colour code for your vehicle and mixing up the paint.
- Applying and blending the paint in.
We use the following to find the right colour code your vehicle:
- The color code from the vehicle itself
- The VIN number & license plate details
- Spectrometer (laser colour matching)
- Colour Cards (mainly used as a visual aid only)
This allow the greatest possible approximation to the original colour. When it comes to applying the paint, we seamlessly blend the colour in bringing your vehicle back to factory standard.
In a nutshell
- low repair time (between 10 minutes up to 5 hours depending on damage)
- Lower cost (between £5 up to £200 per panel)
- Less material consumption (this helps to lower our carbon footprint – environmentally friendly)
- Makes a mobile service possible
Through a series of cosmetic techniques a smart repair can provide a low-cost, same day repair that is environmentally friendly. So if you have a bumper scuff, key-mark, scrape, dent or alloy wheel rim damage, it’ll be fixed using this techniques!
The moral of the story…
You no longer need to lose your vehicle for days or weeks to an expensive bodyshop!
The following link is an example of a 5 hour smart repair. Please note that most repairs normally take around 3 – 4 hours to complete. The above video is of a more extreme case.
Call us now! 07920522999